June 2, 2008

MD Adjutant General Retiring


It is with sadness that I say farewell to Maj. Gen. Bruce Tuxill, USAF and the Maryland Adjutant General. General Tuxill has been a steadfast supporter of CAP throughout the many years I have been involved in Maryland Wing. I had the pleasure to briefly meet him at the Maryland Wing Ball last year. He was certainly a stand-up guy, and his comments about CAP and what we can be ring in my ears to this day.

General Tuxill's support of the CAP is a model to all State Adjutant Generals. His belief in us has landed CAP many great opportunities in this state, and increased our readiness and willingness to serve. With his support, Maryland is a fine wing to serve in.

To further demonstrate his support of the CAP, the wing has been invited to participate in the General's retirement ceremony.

I hope that his successor will follow the example the General has laid out. And perhaps one day soon, I will be able to meet the General again, but this time as a fellow CAP officer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I' m currently blogging for a (depleted) living instead of someone else... but I like it. You' ve inspired me to have doing it, and look to doing it on account of myself in a little while
[IMG]http://www.sedonarapidweightloss.com/weightloss-diet/34/b/happy.gif[/IMG]